The Acquisitions Associate’s role is focused on acquiring single family homes in Orlando. You'll become an expert in a targeted market area, build relationships with local agents and other potential sources, develop an opportunity pipeline, underwrite potential acquisitions, and manage the due diligence on each property to make sure it meets our investment goals. If you're self-motivated with an eye on career growth, we want to speak with you.
Based in Oakland, CA, Waypoint Homes is Reinventing Renting™ by providing quality homes, great customer service, and rewarding leases that offer valuable benefits to our residents. Waypoint Homes’ mission is to be recognized as the leading brand in the emerging single family rental industry. Founded in 2008, Waypoint Homes has matured into a sector pioneer with a long-term focus on creating a superior brand in top markets across the U.S. Waypoint currently owns and manages thousands of homes in seven states and is rapidly expanding nationwide.
The Acquisitions Associate gathers and interprets data to assist in property acquisitions. Assists in the financial evaluation and negotiation of acquisitions. Conducts due diligence on properties to be acquired. Assists in contract negotiations. Utilizes relationships with agents and lenders to develop a pipeline of available acquisitions. Recommends property purchases based on set criteria to Buyers and Purchasing Agents with Regional Acquisitions Manager approval.
* Pursues and closes on acquisition opportunities through the company’s retail channel
* Develops market expertise in assigned territory for factors that materially affect Waypoint Real Estate Group’s investment program
* Builds relationships with listing agents, lenders and other potential opportunity sources
* Coordinates efforts of Transaction Specialist and Acquisitions Analyst
* Performs special projects as requested by Manager
* Excellent organizational and communication skills
* Salesforce.com experience is a plus
* Experience in real estate project underwriting (residential preferred)
* Must hold Salesperson or Broker license for assigned geography
* Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
* BA, BS or equivalent work experience
* Minimum of 2 years of experience as a financial and/or real estate professional; some single family residential real estate experience is required